1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decryptor Issues

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ComtriS, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ComtriS

ComtriS Member

I've ripped many DVDs already, and 95%+ turn out fine. However, a few times the following has happened to me:

1) Rip IFO,BUP,VOB files using DVD Decryptor.
    2) It finishes with no errors, warnings or anything of the sort.
    3) Burn to a blank disc (similarly no errors).
    4) Test it to make sure it's okay, but it isn't.

Most of the DVD plays/seems fine. However, some scenes seem to 'jump' or 'stick' and appear a bit blocky while doing so. I figured this was probably because of the burning process, so I'd try a reburn and get the 'jump'/'stick' again in the SAME location. Thus, I can only conclude that it must be the original rip that caused this (and perhaps because of a slightly scratched/smudged DVD).

My question is: Has anybody else experienced the same problem? And/or does anybody have any good solutions?

Thanks for any help.

2. onya

onya Guest

This can of course have an adverse effect on the final quality of what you want. Slow down your burn speed, and use only good quality media.

Symptoms are the same as above. They are indicative of poor media.

As mentioned previouse, Re-think the media you are currently using, and the speed at which you burn. Please don't forget to clean the surface of the disc before you start.

3. ComtriS

ComtriS Member

Do you mean read speed? Also, I try to clean the DVD as much as I can before ripping from it, but I seem to get the same results.

I read somewhere that the best speed to burn at is the max speed allowable by the DVD media you're using. Is that not correct? Also, as I said before, most (95%+) burns are perfect (using the same media). So I'm not sure that it is a media problem.

4. onya

onya Guest

ComtriS

[/b] This is not correct.[/b]

Burn at half the rated speed of the selected media, and all should be well.

5. BradleyB

BradleyB Member

I have tried the burn engine in decrypter myself and had same probs////try ripping with decrypter to file on desktop///then (for myself) use nero ...recode..in pro mode and recode entire movie to a seperate file on desktop///make sure "extra analysis" and "slow mode" are checked....the options are right on the recode screen....this takes longer but gives quality results...then burn the new files with nero...rom

6. ptolomea

ptolomea Member

I just downloaded dvd decrypter and having some issues with the command line interface.

What i am getting is that no matter what drive i tell it that the Destination is i get not enough space when one hard drive has 20g free and another has 100g free, if i remove the /close on the end i can see that under the destination there is a box for the space remaining and total and both say Unknown

Picture
    http://property.fileburst.com/problem.jpg

and here is the command line i'm running
    dvddecrypter.exe /mode ISOREAD /SRC F: /DEST 'D:\[DISC_LABEL].iso' /START /CLOSE"

7. BradleyB

BradleyB Member

Your going about this slightly incorrect..first ..no need to rujn command line...open decrypter like normal program...have dvd to rip out of the drive...with gui showing pick the correct source drive....now make a folder on desktop for our "deposit" of ripped files...now on destination choose the folder you made on desktop......now is the time to change some settings..under mode at the top...change to file....now your destination should show free space somewhat == to hard drive....under "tools",settings, css...change to brute force..now insert the victim into rom and click the disc picture to start...if working post back with results and will tell you a simple trick to max movie quality and fit onto disc properly during burn

8. ptolomea

ptolomea Member

Thanks for the reply.

The program works fine if I was to run it under the gui but the reason i was running under command line is i am building a script to auto rip dvd's when they are put into the drive.

What i have done already. I have created a new autoplay option for my system and set the dvd drive to automatically do this new option anytime a dvd is in the drive

BTW this is for a HTPC so the files will not be re burned to a CD

it runs this script.
    Code:
    Set wshshell = wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set objDrive = objFSO.GetDrive("F:")

volname = objDrive.VolumeName

outfile = "D:\" & volname

wscript.sleep 1000
    wshshell.run "C:\ISOStuff\dvddecrypter.exe /START /CLOSE"
    now i have removed /dest from the previous post and it has seemed to solve the first issue. but now i have 2 new issues. 1st is that i get a message about encryption, now i don't know if the changing to brute force will change this but i will try it.
    http://property.fileburst.com/problem2.jpg
    (its full size didn't feel like croping)

2nd is when i set the system to auto run dvd decrypter starts up but does not start using the /START and esentally does not /CLOSE. Any help with this issue would help but I'm looking into alternative ways to automate the process.

And I'm very interested in increasing the quality of the film, I do professional home theater installs in custom houses so I like quality.

-Thanks

9. ptolomea

ptolomea Member

wow that makes me mad, turns out that my autoplay feature for my script the first key was removed from the registry and the autoplay was now setup to just open DVD Decryptor, which explains why it would open but not start.