1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decryptor log...need help with discs please...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by unknown17, Feb 3, 2005.

1. unknown17

unknown17 Member

I 17:46:57 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.2.0 started!
    I 17:46:57 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 17:46:57 Initialising SPTI...
    I 17:46:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 17:46:57 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

theres my log now what i need to know is...do i have a dvd burner and i just bought dvd+r discs...but ill return them if i need the - ones, which discs do i need and do i have an eligable burner to burn dvds and ps2 games because on dvd decryptor now it says Device not ready (Medium not present)...thank you please respond and by the way i did search because i know something like this would be common but i couldnt find anything relating to knowing if you have a dvd burner or not...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  2. unknown17

unknown17 Member

bump someone please answer...

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

From reading that log you have a dvd rom (PLAYER) and a CD writer. NO dvd writer.

Jerry

4. unknown17

unknown17 Member

dam...my bad luck, this stuff always happens to me...do you know where i could get a dvd writer and how much? (cheapest preferably)...

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't know where you are located but if you want it fast then places like OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Staples, even Wal-mart. You should be able to get a dual format(+ and -)for under $100. Maybe $50. if on sale and with rebates. If you want to order one, try NewEgg.com, Meritline.com, Tigerdirect.com. Since the dual layer ones came out the dual format ones are cheaper now.

Jerry

6. unknown17

unknown17 Member

oh ok thanks a lot and its easy to set up? there should be a manual with it right or online?...

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Should be pretty easy. Most have instructions or look at the drive already in there as to mounting it. If you get stuck someone on here will help. You could also do a swap with the one in there if you wanted to.

Jerry

8. daris

daris Member

seems as though you guys got cut off short of where my problem begins.i have a dvd writer.it does recognize it in Decrypters log but when i stick a disc in (every once in awhile) it gives me that "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Preset)" Which is weird cuz it only does it sometimes.Can someone help?