1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decryptor read problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by G-Stylez, Dec 5, 2003.

1. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

hello guys, I am having a serious problem trying to copy an image onto my comp from a dvd-r backed up ps2 game...Everytime I try to read a file in order to get the ISO image onto my comp it keeps giving me errors, what happens is the read rate drops dramatically, like from 4.5x to 0, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem, or if I am doing anything incorrectly it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

check the disc for scratches and finger prints also do you know what brand of dvdr your trying to backup

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  3. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I would also restart your computer and do the backup with full system resources. Sometimes if you opened and closed alot of stuff on the computer, you will be low on memory and it will make programs act funny. Clean the CD as well.

4. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

thanks guys, Im using maxell dvd-r's, which are fairly good quality...as for skratches, there doesent seem to be any...but what should i use to take away skratches from dvd-rs anyways??is there a cheap affordable product that works well??
    thanks

5. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I don't know if this would work or not, but I have seen a CD repair thing at Best buy. I guess it resurfaces the damaged disc to remove the scratches. I think its like $25 or so. Like I said I just took a peek at it, but did not read into detail.

6. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

thanks IrocZ005, I'll be sure to check that out at bestbuy, info greatly appreciated!
    peace