1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decryptor too fast

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shabaz, Apr 2, 2004.

1. shabaz

shabaz Member

I've been burning all of my games with dvd decryptor, and its been going pretty well, but a few of the games I've had problems with (tiger woods 2004 and The Suffering) I know I'm supposed to burn them at 1X for the best result, but when I choose 1X with DVD decryptor it says (selected speed 1x actual speed 4X) and then it proceeds to burn it at like 2.8 times speed. Is this affecting the quality of my copies and is there a solution? thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

As long as your backups are working I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your burner is a newer model it might not support burning at 1x.

3. erichm

erichm Guest

Have you ever tried alcohol 120.

I use both programs myself. Personally I like the control alcohol gives me.

I do use dvd decrypter however for copy protected games.

4. Zachary

Zachary Guest

shabaz,

It may be your media. A good quality blank DVD will burn at multiple speeds, such as 1x, 2.4x, and 4x. Some media will only burn at one speed due to the "speed" encoding from the manufacturer. Ritek G04's are highly recommended for PS2 or other applications, as well as Verbatim. Ritek's can be had for less than $1 each on the internet, just do a search for them at Yahoo.

Hope this helps.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Slow down, Accelerate to 100mph, and spin the disk!!! Yeah laser, good going there!! w00tn!!!!! I r l337 gh3y boy!~!1!1!

It must be your -youur -yooour, media meins!