1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decryter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by tin23uk, Mar 25, 2005.

1. tin23uk

tin23uk Member

i burn alot of movies i have downloaded but i have never ripped one before, i am using dvd decryptor and trying to rip napolean dynamite, when i try to rip it i get a window pop up that says possible RCE protection found please select the region shown on the disc case. so i select region 1. then comes a msg that says media region code is mismatched to logical unit region, the slower bute force cracking methods will be used.

could this have something to do with the fact that my dvd drive is set to region 2 and not region 1.

well thats the first part of my problem, i then begin to rip the movie files this all seems to work fine but when i go to play the movie that is now on my hard drive i get what would be the fist few chapters and then it stops and i cant play the rest of the movie.

could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong or if there is some reason napolean dynamite cannot be ripped.
    thanks

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Hi,

When you ripped the movie to your hard drive, did you rip it as an ISO or File Mode?

If you chose file mode, did you select all files?

Yes...when you rip the dvd, you can make it region free.

Also, which version of decrypter did you use? The latest version is 3.5.4.0

If possible, could you post the log that decrypter creates?

3. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

could this have something to do with the fact that my dvd drive is set to region 2 and not region 1.

answere=yes

The simple solution may be to make your drive region free.

Good Luck

Spacedust