1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DECRYTPER PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Uppercut, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Uppercut

Uppercut Guest

Well i finally recieved my swap magic3.3 and slide tool. and the problem is with dvd decrypter when i go to mode>iso>read then insert gta san andreas it starts to write to my hard drive then just freezes on 83%. i thought this was becuase it had scratches and dust on it but just a little while ago i tried doing the same to prince of persia 2:warrior within and it jams at 52% while writing to HDD. then the speed dies down and just stops.its says read error and retries like 50 times.what do i do? can someone giv me sum advice plz plz plz plz. thanx.

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well is POP:WW scratched?

That is the only instance where you cannot make an image, if the game disc is in bad condition.

Buy skip doctor, I have not used it. But it is claimed to be very good at cleaning up discs(obviously not big deep scratches).

Costs about £30($45 - 50)

3. Uppercut

Uppercut Guest

Thanx ill try that

4. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

ya i add the same problem with gta san,juste clean it with sun cream 45plus put it on the dvd and use some tp and clean it by cercling it with tp and it takes off some scratch,i do this every time i have problem like that and it works all the time,may sound stupid but it work try it.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Sun cream, certainly cheaper than buying skip doctor.

But if it works, then what's to lose. If it doesn't work well your disc was scratched anyways.

Good tip yudda111 :)

6. Uppercut

Uppercut Guest

Cheers
    But wat is a tp?

7. Stang04

Stang04 Member

toilet paper

8. Uppercut

Uppercut Guest

LOOOOOOOOOOL but does dat shit really work!?

9. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

may sound funny but it really works men try it and dont waste your cash on stuff like cdclean stuff and the bottle last for ever try it.

10. Uppercut

Uppercut Guest

Safe bruv im gna try it. thanx 4 da tip

11. cdmuncher

cdmuncher Member

i had probs with copying games on dvd decry.. using maxxel dvd-r,it wont let me burn it,but it lets me with memorex dvd+rw.and those wont work on ps2

12. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Another thing you can try cleaning your disk with it toothpaste. Im serious.

13. teggy

teggy Regular member

Hey, take a dump on the disc that works wonders... lol.

Had to say sumit like that, no-one else did.

14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

If you look at the back of "Gamesmaster" magazine, there are advertisements of companies who fix discs to their original condition. They don't dish out their secrets, but I do know that they use toothpaste, it has something to do with inside in the CD. I dunno how it works, but it works with toothpaste anyway. I persoanlly just use hand-soap but I was thinking about shampoo :p

15. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

ho ya forgot to says that if u jack off on the dvd and rawbin in on the dvd it as a really good smell of a cack and it claims that it cleans avery single scratch,too perfect to be true but woman cant clean them as good as for guys but good luck!?.

16. ducatis

ducatis Guest

i would have a go at cleaning the lens in you dvd reader. also try using alcohol 120%