1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd degrades

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gunit2004, Mar 23, 2004.

1. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

when i convert a film and then put it onto a dvd+r when i wached it on my tv it was fine but after waching it 3 times all the picture went funny and was unable to be seen it go so bad that it just paused why is this??

also does it depend on what codecs u have the better the picture when u wach the film ??

thanks for youre time

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What software/media/methods are you using?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro/M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  3. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

This definitely sound like a bad media issue to me. Using cheap bulk media might sometimes lead into problems like this. I don't think the problem can be anywhere else, since the disc worked fine earlier. Using good media like Verbatim or Ritek G04 will give you a better guarantee that the movie can be watched also some time later again.

4. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

OK THANKS
    i was useing the white top mirror one's i have just got bulk pak what do u think of them

thanks

5. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

I've never used those disc, so I really can't say, but here you can type in the mediacode or media information and see how it has worked for other people.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdmedia

Hope this helps.

6. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

ok thanks