1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Demuxing Problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ZipZipMan, Jan 1, 2003.

1. ZipZipMan

ZipZipMan Member

I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem or know why I am getting this problem.

Basically my problem starts when I attempt to demux a DVD-9 into its *.m2v and *.ac3 components. The demuxing does not complete the whole movie. This has happened on quite a few movies, namely Mean Machine, K-Pax, The last Castle, etc.....

Other titles have demuxed completely.

I have tried the following processes:

i) Using SmartRipper and demux the appropriate audio and video streams.

ii) Decrypt the movie using either cladDVD or DVD Decrypter and then use DVD2AVI to demux the movie

In both of these process the demuxed video file had (anything upto) 40 minutes missing.

Help appreciated,

Thanks,

ZipZipMan

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

try using dvddycrepter to rip the movie
    then using rempeg to encode to movie
    and then ifoedit95 to remux the ifo and the .m2v file

3. Coffdog

Coffdog Member

What OS are your trying this on? Some have file size limitations. What size does the file get up to before it errors?

-Coffdog

4. ZipZipMan

ZipZipMan Member

I am using Windows 98 Second edition.

The files are all 3.99 GB

ZipZipMan

5. Coffdog

Coffdog Member

ZipZipMan,

That is your problem, in Windows 98 there is a file size limitation of 4G. If you must stay with that OS I think DVDDecrypter has a setting that will allow you to split the file into 1G segments. If I remember correctly if you are able to get to Windows 2000 or Windows XP Proffesional and use an NTFS file system (Just a setting in the OS) then the limit is much higher and you will not be able to hit it.

Good Luck

-Coffdog

6. ZipZipMan

ZipZipMan Member

Coffdog,

Thanks, Going to Windows 2000 solved the problem with file size.

However problem has still not gone away. For example, when demuxing the vob files of K-Pax the M2V file still comes out short. It comes to about 4.3Gigs when it should actually be about 5 Gigs (the lenght of the movie should be 115 min, however the demuxed file comes out to be 79 min no matter wha method I use. I even tried to use ReMPEG2 this time).

Have you ever come across this problem, is it a setting in the ripping/demuxing problems that I am not using or is it to do with the way the movie is encrypted?

Thanks,

ZipZipMan

7. ZipZipMan

ZipZipMan Member

Just an update,

Feel like a bit of a dill, but the program I was using (media player 9) to view the m2v file didn't recognise the length of the movie.

Once I processed the file through spruceup, no problem.