1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Disc able to play in Standalone DVD Player but not in my PC

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by supils, Feb 28, 2005.

1. supils

supils Guest

I have already watched several DVD in my PC until yesterday I bought 3 new dvd movies and played in a STANDALONE DVD PLAYER and they work fine but when I tried play in my PC using POWERDVD player, it says "MEDIA NOT PRESENT". I try other DVD dics I bought a month ago and they worked fine in STANDALONE DVD PLAYER AND IN MY PC.

Is this a new DVD COPY PROTECTION? I already used DVDDECRYTER, ANYDVD AND DVDREGION CSS FREE and still cannot recognized the DISC. Any suggestion?

2. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Odd. Usually, it's the other way around. .. can't read a copied dvd in the standalone player. How old is your dvd drive?? Do you have a dvd-rom and dvd+/-rw drive?? If so, try both drives with Powerdvd software and let us know if it works or not. What is the name of the movie that you can't play in you dvd drive?? Make/Model of your drive?? Did you try reading it/playing it in another dvd optical drive??