1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Disc Drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jgraydon, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jgraydon

jgraydon Member

I have a sony dvd/cd rec disc drive in laptop. I recently got a copy of a movie (pirate Copy). It will play on my dvd player to tv but wont play in the laptop dvd drive. I want to record it again to send to a friend but clone dvd wont recognise it. it keeps saying insert dvd in drive. Wont open either with nero or magic dvd, power dvd, win 5 plat. What can i do to get it to play or record on laptop please.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Since you are talking about the original being a copy, I suggest you check the media compatibility on your laptop. That drive may only handle one format (either + or -) and the copy may be the other format. Thats why the laptop drive possibly can't see the disc.

Jerry

3. jgraydon

jgraydon Member

Thanks Jerry
    How do i change my drive to read + & - discs. I use + at the moment. I Thought thatthe disc might be compressed a certain way. John

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

doesnt matter if + or - it should read it.. may need a firmware upgrade for the cdrom drive!!!