1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Disc Info Software....

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by NB., Oct 28, 2004.

1. NB.

NB. Guest

Can anyone tell me some good software for identifying what media i have? I just bought my first DVD rewriter and got a pack of 50 DVD's free with it and i'm curious as to what kind of quality they are. I also got a couple of Taiyo Yuden(sp?) disks with the drive itself which i understand are decent quality, so i'm saving those for important stuff i need to backup :D

So far i have tried:

Nero Infotool
    ADVDinfo

Neither of these programs could identify the discs at all, the Manufacturer ID sections just showed blank, so if you could suggest some other programs to try i'd be very greatfull :D

Thanks...

2. NB.

NB. Guest

Sorry i forgot to mention that ADVDInfo doesnt actually run on my PC, it gives me an 'cant load ASPI DLL' error, how can i fix this?

Also i should mention that the drive i have is a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S Dual Layer compatible drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

This link has the proogy you need for ID.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

You may need to update your ASPI.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...m/Microsoft+Windows+XP&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

OR
    http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/

Nero also has thier own version for an ASPI update.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    DELL Dimension 8300 XP Pro SP2
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT 1GB DDR SDRAM
    2x160GB RAID 0 SATA HDD
    16xDVD-ROM 8xDVD DL+R/+R/+RW
    19" LCD. Dolby 5.1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  4. NB.

NB. Guest

Thanks for the info :D

It looks like i have some discs that are impossible to identify. I have now tried:

ADVDInfo
    DVDInfo
    SmartBurn
    KProbe2
    Nero InfoTool

All of these programs just report the Media info/Manufacturer Info as blank?? Are there any other tools anyone can think to try? or am i not going to be able to identify the media?

If it helps at all, the discs are EMTEC Branded and they have a purple surface, the tub says they are manufactured in Malaysia, maybe someone knows something about these discs?

Thanks again :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2004
  5. NB.

NB. Guest

Hmm just tried with the program you suggested before and i get the following:

Disk Type : [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer ID : [Not Present On Disk]
    Manufacturer Name : [Unknown Manufacturer ID]
    Disk Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]

Have you ever seen DVD media before that cannot be identified? I'm guessing these disk's are probably complete shit if none of the programs can tell what they are?

EDIT: also just did a search for the UPC number on the tub @ mediamatch.de and it didnt come up with anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2004