1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd disc question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by igloo9, Jun 6, 2007.

1. igloo9

igloo9 Member

Ok, I dont have a modchip. I use swap magic. And the swap magic disks i have say that they play any and all Cd and dvd backup games. So not a problem, right? Well, as far as I know, my computer only supports Dvd+R disks, not Dvd-R...so common sense tells me that if my ps2 (slimline, Scph-70001) can play a Dvd+R back up with no problem.

But im just making sure, will it be ok and will it work?

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, some of the slimlines only support DVD+R, so try it and see how it works. (You'll also have to booktype)

If it dosen't work, im afraid you'll just have to buy another burner...

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

DVD+Rs are fine from my knowledge and experience of them. I'm currently using 8x Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs in booting my backed-up games for my silver slim v15 PS2 and have had no troubles or complaints really for that matter regarding gameplay or any noticeable visual issues unless I were using cheap media brands like Memorex, depending on the media ID of course.

4. igloo9

igloo9 Member

whats booktype? i thought all i have to do was put the files from my game on my computer, and then burn them onto a dvd disc and im done?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Booktyping is something that not all burners can do. And it is not 100% needed but it does really help. Basically it is your burner changing the format in which it burns the discs. This can only be done with +R disc types. You tell the burner or burning program to "Booktype" all DVD+R as DVD-Rom (DVD-Rom being the format of an original PS2 DVD game) and it will help with compatibility.