1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Disc Repairs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by slnixon, Aug 24, 2004.

1. slnixon

slnixon Member

Could someone post a guide or suggest certain equipment of some type in reference to disc repairing?? I have searched EVERYWHERE and having a hard time finding anything on fixing my discs. Thanx!!

2. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi slnixon
    Are you trying to extract the data from the disc or are you trying to repair scratches.
    The solutions are different

3. slnixon

slnixon Member

I'd kinda like to know about both options. Thanks

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2004
  5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

hey Slnixon- I dont think this truly falls under the heading of repairs but those Radial cd cleaners gadjets work great for cleaning dvd's too ! found out by cleaning a rented copy of DAREDEVIL-would stop start freeze up in my apex1010W dvd - figured was just my cheap player or the rented movie was really banged up ! decided to try my cleaner gadget and it did the trick. nine was made by Scotch/3m brand but any of the similar type units should work . You get the cleaner device and a little spritz/spray bottle of cleaning liquid- isopropyl alcohol - probably 91-99% not the cheap rubbing kind that has additives like lanolin & water in it . if your littlte spritzer runs empty you can get 91% @ sams for $2.36 or so for 2 32.oz. bottles that should lasst you for years. or you could find it at your drugstore of choice. The cleaners are available everywhere walmart any decent size record/cd store ect. I paid abou $12.00 for mine but have seen similar units for as low as $5.00 like I said it's not really a repair per se but you may want to consider it for part of your repair kit as preventative medicine! hope I helped - I seek not to know all the answers but merely to understand the question?( KUNG FU)- bigtoxy 69 -peace

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

an alternative to BIGTOXY69 would be to take the offending disc to your local video library .Mine has a special disc cleaning device which costs about $5000. I'm sure for a marginal price they will clean your discs for you

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

andmer
    thanx ! I don't think my local video rental joint has that machine yet but that's a good idea anyway - Like you I was just offering a helpful I hope anyway suggestion! Whether I'm a renting or buying I always check the read side of the media rental disc have a short and rough life ! and dvd movies when you buy them often are rattling around loose inside the case/polybox so they possibly could be brand new and scratched before you open if it rattles don't buy it- thanx for tour reply my friend - peace- bigtoxy69