1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DRIVE Broken and I don't have the DVD DRIVE KEY -HEP!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sidshock, Mar 13, 2007.

1. sidshock

sidshock Member

well, the title covers it..
    I got an XBOX 360 here..
    my friend tried to flash it.. (LG DRIVE)
    and he did it wrong i guess..
    drive will not eject..
    Laser doesn't power up AT ALL...
    he was angry, and he deleted all the stuff, including
    the ORIGINAL BIN he had, so the DVD KEY is gone...
    ANY way to extract it like the HDD key extractor thing??

thanks all.!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

sounds like your friend owes you a 360, nothing you can do, its done for

3. sidshock

sidshock Member

maybe it can be read again with a TSOP?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

First off before attempting anything DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THE 360's HDD,below is a link to a recovery software it's free and safe,tho you'll most probably need to remove the 360hdd and install on the comp or externally
    http://www.undelete-plus.com/

also wait a bit for more help as i don't believe the key is gone even if nothing on the hdd is recoverable there will be a way to recover from your problem

EDIT: Found this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/469108 you could also google to find a solution

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well seeing as nothing is stored on a 360 hard drive to lock it to that console, that hdd undelete crap isnt going to do any good at all, and the second link you posted seems to be the best way to fix it...

EDIT= Since you dont have the key, i think your kinda SOL, im not sure, but i dont think there is a way to read the key, unless you can find a way to get the SST chip off and read it with a chip reader, but you would have to be pretty good with the computer to do that...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I'm taking he tried the 2 wire-trick to get the Hitachi into modeB. If he did and screwed that up, it's a brick. If he managed to actually get a drive letter and attempt a flash, then it's NOT bricked unless he 2 wire tricked it again and screwed up. You can't really screw up a Hitachi. (everyone else here seems to think LG means Samsung)
    Anyway, if you can get it detected in Windows, just run restore.bat that comes with the OPA 2.3 firmware package.

My guess seeing as how you have no eject or laser movement... it's dead. That's the danger of the 2 wire trick which I'm willing to bet he did.

7. sidshock

sidshock Member

first off, to some of the above responses... Thanks guys, but it is the DVD DRIVE I am talking about, and not the HDD DRIVE..

ok, yeah, I dunno if he did the 2 wire trick.. PROB. he did.. Dunno why since Slax is SOOO easy!!

i even setup TWO XBOX 360s with 47DJ firmware (both same)
    and I let it detect the good 360 at boot up, and then switched the sata calbes in under 1 second, and then SLAX would not detect it still, so it seems totally bricked. Won't go to mode B let alone resond. ( no laser light )
    can I desolder the MAIN chip on the DVD drive to read it with a TSOP and pull the key???
    He said he DID get the key out once, so he must've had it in MODE B already... He made it sound like it died during thr flash.
    Anyways, All is good, I got the whole 360 swapped for next to nothing!.

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I'm sorry to say but your friend is really stupid. Who in their right mind would delete the original firmware (orig.bin) file? Even if he bricked the drive, it would be smart to replace the DVD-ROM drive with another one and use your old drive key in a new DVD-ROM drive. I mean you can find replacement drives on ebay so it just makes no sense to get angry and delete such an important file.

9. sidshock

sidshock Member

agreed!
    that's what I said..
    he was so mad he thought nothing could be done, and just deleted it.
    that is why I was wondering if there is a way to extract the key off the xbox yet or if it is still in the drive with a TSOP reader/writer.
    it is moot now, since I got it exchanged, but still... He must be slow! :)