1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive having trouble recognizing ISO Data CDRs

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by pjcarr, Aug 10, 2012.

1. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I just burned a bunch of ISO Data CDRs and when I began inserting them back into the drive to catalog the file information the drive did not recognize any of the discs. Now this has happened to me a few times before so I knew just what to do. I took an ISO Data CDR that I had burned a few years ago (a different brand of CDR) and inserted it into the drive and sure enough it recognized it and opened a new window with all of the folders. After that the drive was able to recognize all of the newly burned discs, and like I said this has happened to me a couple of times before. What's going on here? Is this some sort of irrational computer "buggy" thing or does it mean that these new discs are "bad" burns?

Note: This never happens with audio CDs or audio CDRs

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Old disc works new disc don't = shit quality on the new disc , you could try dvd drive firmware update however it means any data written to those new discs can't be trusted to last.

edit
    It's also possible your drive is old & having issues with the disc dye

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012