1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd drive no sound

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by jaikaar, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jaikaar

jaikaar Member

i have a hp laptop. when i play movies on the laptop it works fine as long as its a file but when i play a disc there is almost no sound to get some sound i have to get the sound through a sound editor program. pl help thanks

2. dooketch

dooketch Member

Are you using AC3? I just had that same issue and the AC3 plugin was causing my issue.

3. jaikaar

jaikaar Member

how do i find if i am using ac3. and how did you fix your problem

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  4. galbi

galbi Member

I'm having the same exact problem and am also using a hp laptop. I came here to Afterdawn to see if i could find any answers to fixing the audio issue with my dvd drive (player), but it looks like there hasn't been any definite answers.

if someone out there knows how to fix the problem itd be much appreciated if they'd post something.

-btw, its not the dvd itself.. because the dvds plays on other players fine. And in my case, i can here the audio, but... it comes out really shaky. and when i play movies on the laptop it works fine as long as its a file also but when i play a disc... :p

5. attar

attar Senior member

6. galbi

galbi Member

i'm not using nero tho :p im using Sonic Digital Media Plus as my burning program. And both devices 0 and 1 transfer modes are set to DMA if available.

It seems like a lot of people are having issues with this frustrating problem. and one thing is for sure... the problem only comes up with drives that are both burners and regular players. you know, the DVD + RW drives. this i know also becuase when i play a dvd with the DVD +RW drive the auido comes out super choppy (same with my hp notebook) but when I take the disc out and put it in the other non RW drive it plays just fine (same computer too!.
    When you google "choppy audio dvd drive" you find that the problem is quite common, however, there are no definite answeres to solving it.

HELP HELP HELP!

help~

7. galbi

galbi Member

h e l p...

8. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member