1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive Problem after installing mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Shakotah, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Shakotah

Shakotah Regular member

I just installed an duo2se, and when i went to test it, all works until i ran into a problem with my DVD Drive. I can eject, but when i press the eject button again, it doesnt close. What do i do? is it repairable? replaceable? some problem when soldering to prevent closing of dvd drive?

PS2 is v8, barely used.

2. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

Are you sure you have the Z and RST wires in the right location..double check ....you may have bridged some thing in that area as well ...double check all your connections ..im sure its chip related ...you can always take out the chip after checking everything over ..and testing it again with no chip...if it works ..then do the install again only be more carefull.....

3. Shakotah

Shakotah Regular member

hmm, i rechecked and theres no bridge, all tight connection, and same problem, but except i manually pushed it in once, reset, it reads disk, eject, replace disk with backup, press eject button again (works now, strange) but now it wont read the backup, any suggestions on what problem might be? or maybe the chip was disabled when i tried... u never know since u cant tell.

4. redlider

redlider Member

Jixxer

helo mate i got some problems whit that chip duo 2 se
    but my problem is that i cant play my recorded games whit the hhd instaled becouse i need to reset the game when the tray is open i need to press reset to close the tray and that way the chip is activated, but when, the hhd is plug on the console and press reset to close the tray, yes they close the tray but afther they close my console go to stanby, and i need to unplug the hhd so i can play my recorded games.

and abaut u problem when i dont have the hhd conected, and i use the chip, my chip can play original games and recorded games whit some problems the recorded games but can play it, also teh originals games not seems to get any probles when the chip is activated. and the tray close perfectly, maybe u eject tray was crunch whit some stuff inside, check it, here is my mail i i what to get contack whit u about this chip

lic_rico@hotmail.com