1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive problem in Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cocotea, Jun 10, 2011.

1. cocotea

cocotea Member

Hi there, I have just replaced the Philips DVD drive in my Xbox 360. When I try to play a game I get the message "to play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console".

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

thats because the key you need to have on the drive is on the old one, you cannot just swap drives, its a little more complicated than that.

3. cocotea

cocotea Member

thanks for your reply ,hi which is the easiest rout in your opinion i been googleing stuff, it appears i can either use jungleflash or change the board from the old drive into the new. thanks

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. dagdaniel

dagdaniel Regular member

jungleflasher is by far the easiest. grab the key off the old drive and flash it to the new one. simple

5. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

if you are ok with a soldering iron board change is probably ok, if not just use the jf

6. cocotea

cocotea Member

i had lots of problems trying to flash with junglflasher, spent 2 days farting about ,so got the soldering iron out , job done in half an hour switching the boards and now fully working and playing games ,i copied this u tube tutorial, if it`s of some help for anyone .it is for the phillips-BenQ drive.JUST PASTE THE NEXT SENTENCE INTO UTUBE SEARCH BAR AND IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW -------How to change the circuit board in a Ben Q/ Phillips dvd drive for the XBox 360

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011