1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd drive problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Conzor, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Conzor

Conzor Guest

so i have this dvd tray that for some reason wont open and its really starting to make me mad. i dont know why it wont open. i took the shell off of my 360 and the dvd drive. it has the gear in there and it spins fine, but it refuses to open. when i turn on my 360, the green center light flashes the whole time. what should i do to this thing? if the motor is burned out, (which might be the problem, but i dont know where it is on the drive to check) i have a second one in which i could replace it. so what should/can i do to fix it? thanks.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

When you hit the eject button, does it sound as if the drive is trying to eject? Or is there absolutely no response from the drive?

3. Conzor

Conzor Guest

it doesnt sound like its trying to open it. it just sits there. do you know a tut i could use to fix this? because it sounds to me like the motor is the problem.

4. chink13

chink13 Member

i had the same problem the other day i baught my 360 off my frend 4 20 pounds jus cos the game shop wudnt buy it off him lol but yer my dvd drive wudnt open so i thort scew it ill fix it an it had the same prob as my origional xbox an its the little elastic band type thing i replaced mine with sum tiny hair bands an it works fine both my xboxs an my 360 now have thm an thy reletivly easy to replace but u need the right tention on it other wise it wont work

5. steimy

steimy Active member

chink13
    Nice info but one word of advice. Look into a program called ispell because you seriously need it. It gave me a headache trying to read that post.