1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tamlynn, Apr 20, 2005.

1. tamlynn

tamlynn Member

I recently had dvd x copy platinum installed on my computer. I have been using it for a month with no problems and then one day I could open it, but not do anything else. I noticed that in properties I have no available space left, but nothing is on that drive. My CD drive has the same thing. I can not burn movies, play cd's or save anthing to a disk. Any ideas on what may of happened. Thanks!

2. we_rule

we_rule Member

Try running Scandisk from Windows. Also try Window Washer from Webroot.com

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do you use norton antivirus? as it can keep all files that go to recycle bin! you need to delete twice! right click on recycle bin to see...

4. tamlynn

tamlynn Member

I use spyware. I did delete out my recycle bin, but I do not understand what you mean by you have to delete it twice. My C drive is fine it is my cd and dvd drive that is full. I was also playing around with nero and using the slide show. Could this be the problem? Thanks so much for your help! I find this site VERY useful!

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its ok if you dont have norton

6. tamlynn

tamlynn Member

I now was able to do phase 1 of coping a dvd, but was unable to do phase 2 which is copying it to a dvd. I also can not write files to a cd-R disk. Any ideas?