1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-dup

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by eldante, Sep 29, 2002.

1. eldante

eldante Member

i have just purchases a copy of dvd-dup, and it seems like a very simple method of making svcd, the only thing that i have a problem with is when ripping a dvd it ususally shows that 2 or 3 cdrs will be needed to make a full copy, after the first cdr is copied it does not ask for a second blank cdr and just ejects both the dvd and burned cdr. any help would be appreciated.thank you

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye I know what you mean. There is a solution to this problem however.

When the Dup-Dvd main window comes up select the source as your dvd drive and the target as image.

Save the .bin file wherever you want. When its done, change souce to image and browse for your .bin file and select target as you cd writer.

Now it will open only the cd writer drive when you need to put in the rest of the disks instead of opening the dvd drive and maybe corrupting the process.

3. eldante

eldante Member

thanks for your suggestion,will give it a try

4. Dela

Good I hope it works for ya..

They should fix that bug. As a matter of fact, I think I'll report it to them!!!

5. eldante

eldante Member

i tried your method the program said that this particular dvd would need 3 cdrs to copy, unfortunately, all of the cdrs had the first 30
    minutes of the movie on them, i think this program is not very good

6. minder

minder Member

Hi Eldante. I have bad news and good news for you. Dup-dvd is an stable programm to make what you you are doing. I bought it and I put it my memories/ It has some holes in it. They say, chance are, that is your burner. I have some suggestions for you. You may have two options, maybe more, but from my point of view, there are really two good and fast ways to go. Download DVD2svcd, which is very good, straight forward, even subtittle may puts on the movie (VCD,SVCD) The video quality is not so amazing but generally speaking is acceptable. On the other hand, try to get VCD Galaxy DVDRipPack, which is very good for PAL and NTSC. the video quality is better than the former one. The last last one you have to drive it by your own. The firt one just set it up at the beginning and have a sit for some hours. Both are free, although a donations would be a good idea for these people who are working so hard on making software for us. Any question ask me.

7. Dela

I think the problem here is that DUP-DVD doesnt realise that it has been fully purchased!!

When you have the demo dup-dvd it will only do the first part of your movie!

I think you should really seek some technical information from http://www.dup-dvd.com.

8. eldante

eldante Member

once again thank you for your input i will try and contact dvd-dup, it is a fully registered version