1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Edit

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BobTammik, Jan 23, 2005.

1. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

I have recently bought a Philips DVDR75 to back up my old video tapes to DVD - many of the tapes were recorded from TV - the transfer to DVD has been really good .... but I now want to edit out the commercials/adverts. Now I realise I should probably have done this before transfer (always easy to be wise afterwards!!) - so does any one know of software that might help me?

Cheers

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

How did you transfer these? Sounds like maybe they went straight to dvd. You'll need to copy them back to your hard drive to edit them (of course). If you have the Nero 6 suite, you have an application that you can use to "reauthor" the VOB files (which are just mpeg2 files): NeroVision Express. There are, of course, more "professional" software programs for authoring dvd's, but this one gets the job done, and Nero 6 is good to have anyway.

No need to go into detail about using NVE if you don't have it. If you do, it comes with a great user guide (PDF) file in the "User Guide's" folder that should get you going with it.

Doing it this will be tedious. Maybe there are specialized applications that can "sense" the commercials and edit them out? I don't know.

3. zoef

zoef Member

As said, you will have copy everything back to the HDD and possibly demux the lot (or convert back to .MPG)

A very good product to edit-out commercials is WOMBLE VCR (http://www.womble.com/vcr-text.htm) or TMPGEnc MPEG Editor (http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme.html). Both are affordable...

4. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

Hi

Thanks for the info - and yes the DVD recorder writes saves the tapes onto the DVD as VOB files.