1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD EDITING PROBLEM...HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DVDDemon, Jun 21, 2003.

1. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

I burned a DVD with a Panasonic DVD standalone recorder, but it places the unwanted title screen first. I ripped the DVD using DVD Decrypter to my hard drive with the usual VIDEO_TS folder. Now I want to edit the movie to remove the title page. I tried using My Sonic DVD, but it only recognizes .MPEG or .AVI extensions not .IFO or .VOB. I then tried using ArcSoft Showbiz and it has given me too many problems. How can I simply edit the movie on my hard drive to take off the irritating title page?

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi, do you mean the copyright screen at the beginning? if so i suggest using dvdshrink, its free and fantastic, point it to your ripped vobs and it will scan all the files then on the left will section it all for you, under extras you will find various "title" sections, the warning screen will be under there, simply take out the tick adn re-save your files. Done. if that isnt the screen you meant, then, erm, sorry :)

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I do the exact same thing. I can't stand that opening screen. I do the following:

Rip with DVDdecrypter; let it select the files for you.
    Compress with DVD2one. Select "Movie Only" mode.
    Burn with Stomp RecordNow by selecting data disc.

BTW- are you using the 30 or the 50 for your standalone?

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I also forgot to add: put a blank AUDIO_TS folder on your new disc. For some reason some stand alone players won't read the discs until you add that empty folder.

5. DMW

DMW Regular member

hi, apology time :-(, i just loaded dvdshrink to make sure i wasnt lying......and i was. sorry, the only thing i can see your able to take a tick out of is the audio, the video streams you can only compress to still pictures, dont know if that would help, the suggestion above is the easiest way to do it if you dont mind losing the extras. Sorry again for rushing my answer :)

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Hey DMW. What DVDDemon is refering to is burning movies on a stand alone DVD recorder, kinda like a DVD VCR. What the machine does is puts a crappy looking menu at the begining. This is very handy for when you are using it for taping broadcast TV, as it shows the time and date. But for example if I am taking somebody's wedding video and transfering it from VHS to DVD it is pointless to have a menu that shows when it was dubbed over.

Other than that little glitch is is a very nice machine. Solves my issues of wanting to transfer analogue to DVD, as well it has some Tivo functions that are nice, like slipstream recording. And unlike buying a high end video capture card for the PC, it has a 3 line digital comb filter built in, as well as progressive scan. Those two feature clear up some of the video noise (like static) off some of my older tapes; giving me a slightly better picture than the VHS master.

Now I didn't believe that going from analogue to digital you could gain any qulaity, but this machine works. I've been renting one and this weekend placed an order to buy the new model coming out.

7. DMW

DMW Regular member

I dont blame you, if there that good i may look in to one myself for me front room. Sorry for the mix up guys, hope you sort your problem DVDDemon, thanks for explainin Ken0042.

8. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

DMW/Ken - thanx for the advice. Been going ballistic trying to figure this thing out. Ken0042 gonna give it a try and get back to ya! Dang if I can get this my problems are OVER!

9. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

BTW Ken, it's the 50 standalone...

10. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Ken..tried the steps that you suggested:

DVD Decrypter - worked
    DVD2One - worked
    RecordNow - worked

However, when I tried to play in DVD player, got the message "this type of disc cannot be played."

What went wrong? Back at square one!!! DANG!!!