1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Editing

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by catfreak, Aug 16, 2004.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I have a set top DVD recorder and I'd like to find some software (hopefully freeware!) that I could use to edit out commercials. I've been using a lot of DVD+RW discs to record Tv programs, and I plan to put them on my HD as VOB files then edit out the commercials, then burn to a DVD+R. Anyone have any suggestions as to some software ...?

2. me_me_me

me_me_me Guest

if you plan to edit out the commercials you will need to rip the movie, show whatever to .avi or .mpg and then witha video editing program edit out the commercials then re burn to a DVD-R

you can use a program called DVDx (freeware)and that will alow you to rip the video off your DVD-RW

hopefully that has helped if u need me 2 re say what i have typed or need more info just post a message

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Thanks for the info. Now do you have any suggestions as to a free editing program I could use?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You will not have to convert the Vob files or anything you Just Rip the DVD to your Hard drive as a Single VOB file and then use a VOB editor like "Chopper XP" (Freeware) or even better would be something like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" (Not Freeware) to edit the Vob files and then to put them back on to DVD you would use a DVD authoring Program Like DVDLab ....Cheers

5. ratboy2k

ratboy2k Guest

I havea $99.00 program that was useless to me.
    It only saved it under their .EXT.
    Your question was one I was looking to do edit out commercials, then copy back to DVD.
    I have a little program--VERY POWERFUL though-called
    DVD Shrink. It lets me edit out, among other useful tools, anything I like and save it as a VOB file.
    Thanx.
    David

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Alternatively you could use TMPGEnc DVD Author:
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

and edit the VOBS/recorded files directly, creating a multi-episode DVD complete with menus, chapters etc...

A one-stop-solution.

There is a free (fully functional) trial available.

Have Fun....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004