1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD ejects when put in the DVD Player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bjenkins, Apr 8, 2005.

1. bjenkins

bjenkins Member

I have vob., ifo., and bup. files for a movie on my computer. I burned them onto a DVD using Nero.

When I put the DVD into my JVD DVD player it just starts to read, and then it ejects the DVD. It will not play the movie. I tryed playing it on my dvd player on my computer and it works fine. So I'm not sure if it is the DVD or DVD player.

But, either way, if anyone could help me or give me any tips or information I would appriciate it very much

Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You have a compatability issue/or it hasn't been finalized. That jvc stand alone does not like something about that backup.This is what I call a "no disc inserted" error and are a lot trickier.Poor quality media can cause this. Also changing to a different format-if your burner is a dual format burner,can help.

Try to play that backup in some other stand alone players,the more-the better.

The backup played ok in the pc:
    Are you using the same drive to play that backup that burned it? This will help in case you are using a separate dvd-rom drive.

What model of dvd burner do you have?
    What brand name/speed/and format and how fast did you burn it? example: maxell +4x,burned at 4x.
    Do you use paper/sticker label on that backup disc?
    Has that jvc stand alone played any other dvdr backups?

Some of those stand alone players can be a pain in the a**, so all the info you can add will help out.

3. bjenkins

bjenkins Member

I do not think my Burner is dual format. I also have 1 DVD player and 1 DVD player on my computer, so maybe it would work on another player.

I am useing the same drive I burned the DVD on to play the movie.
    I have a DVD+-RW. It is mad by OptoRite. I burned it onto the DVD at the minimum speed which was 1x (1,385 kb/s). It's max is 4x(5,540 kb/s). I am not sure what you mean by format.

I did not put an sticker or label on the DVD either. Yes my DVD player has played my burned DVDs before.

My DVD player is also really old so maybe it's time for a new one, but I think there should be a way around this.

Thanks for the comment

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm not sure what model # your optorite burner is. I located a 4x DD0201 that was listed as dual format.

So if this matches your burner,then you may have the option to burn also burn the plus format media.You might want to try a small 3 pack of maxell +4xr's and see if those will play in that stand alone player.

What is the brand name and speed rate of the media you are using?

Did you change anything about the media you are using like different spindles/brand names/or even a different spindle quantity?

Also try cleaning your laser lens,since you said it was old,it may be dirty.Just something to try before buying another stand alone player.

5. bjenkins

bjenkins Member

That is the right model number of my burner (DD0201). I don't see any option to burn in a plus format. I'm looking in the demo version of nero.

I did not change anything at all so I don't think anything changed with the spindles

So, I don't know how to change the format.

Thanks for the help

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The optorite dd0201 is a dual format 4x burner. You don't have to do anything,just insert a dash or a plus disc.These are 2 different formats.Being able to burn either format helps on compatability issues on stand alone players.Some stand alones will play dash,some will play plus,some will play both,and some will play none.

What brand and speed rate of media are you using in the dash format?