1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by young'n21, Sep 15, 2003.

1. young'n21

young'n21 Member

I have recently bought a hp dvd200i burner and am having a big problem backing up my dvds. i burned a couple using dvdx copy gold to rip the dvd and nero 5.5 to burn. now when i put in a dvd i get either i\o device error, or the disk is corrupt. i am using memorex dvd+r discs and have tried a bunch of things to try to fix it. thanks

2. koola

koola Guest

Check that you are using latest ASPI layer for your writer as this will cause an I/O error if the correct is not installed.

Or you could use different software like CloneDVD with AnyDVD (ace) or use free software like DVD shrink. Its up to you!

3. young'n21

young'n21 Member

thanks-i updated the aspi layer and it didnt solve the problem. i should have said before also that the drive will play audio cds and read data cds - dvds is the only problem.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

why didnt you burn with dvdxcopy also. I dont think you can rip to the harddrive and then burn because of the security stuff it puts on it. Use dvdshrink to rip, then nero to burn and it should work.

5. young'n21

young'n21 Member

i used nero to burn because i got errors every time with dvdxcopy and i didnt need any more frisbees. no software is even reading any dvds- i cant even access the files in explorer. thanks though

6. koola

koola Guest

It is a problem either with your hardware or the configuration that you have your drive in then.
    If you have two drives on one IDE cable, make sure your writer is set as MASTER and that your DVDRom/CDWriter is set as SLAVE. This should solve the prob if it is a config problem.

Try the config method and see if it solves the problem. If not then it is your hardware!