1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zraider, Sep 4, 2004.

1. zraider

zraider Member

I was using DVD Shrink to copy one of my movies in a Sony DRU-700A; I hit a spot where I got a read error, and the program said it couldn't continue; I tried it in my wife's PC, which has a NEC ND-2500, and Shrink read right through the whole DVD and made a perfect copy. I tried cleaning the Sony unit, but that made no
    diff.
    I could see obvious 'spots' on the original DVD that I knew were causing the problem, but I'm still at a loss
    to understand how her NEC burner read the DVD when my Sony could'nt. Same versions of Shrink.
    This is beyond me. Anyone had similar experiences ?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

These Types of things happen all the Time...I have come across DVD"s that would get read errors when ripping them with My Lite-On DVD-Rom but when I rip the Same DVD with my Sony DVD Burner it can read the Disk no problem....
    Also all of the DVD"s my Sony DVD Burner Burns can not be read by my DVD rom drive even though it can read DVD"s Burned with other Drives.....

I guess it is just one of those Things....