1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Express copies to HD then.....

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mroe, Sep 25, 2003.

1. mroe

mroe Member

I'm trying to back up Daredevil. I've tried sevral times, DVD Express Copy, Copies the whole thing to the hard drive, then asks for a blank DVD. I put one in, click on continue, and "Complete" pops up and it says it's done. I've tried different blanks etc. I does no writing to the disk, it a says complete every time after it asks for a blank DVD. What could be wrong.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

It sounds like that it is not reconizing your burner. Go to the temp folder and remove the files that DVD express comes there and add to a new folder somewhere else. Then Close down all programs. Open a burning software, Nero, Roxio, what ever and burn these folder to a DVD disc.

3. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

try updating xpress for driver reasons

4. mroe

mroe Member

Okay, this is weird, I did it one more time, this time it burnt just fine, what could be causing that?

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

When you tried different blanks, were they from different companies? or just from a 50 spindle. It is possible that it was a couple bad discs you had.
    However, I love DVDxCopy but I don't trust its burning engine. I still recomend moving the files copyed to the temp folder to another folder and burning with Nero, Roxio whatever you like.

6. Sherjo-70

Sherjo-70 Member

Where is the default for the tempory file. I'm having the same problem but am unable to find the tempory file to move it.

7. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

well with express you need to end the task after step one(alt crtl del) then go and look for the files. with express you pick the folder buddy on the screen there is a green button called options then you select the temp folder and there you go. you have the option because some users have multiple harddrives and you get to decide which to use

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If you are running WinXp to get the files:
    Go to Start button
    Go through All Programs, Accessories, and Click on Windows Explorer.
    Then in Explorer, Click My Computer, Click C: drive, Click Documents and Settings, Click Your Name, Click Local Settings.
    In Local Settings you will see your Temp folder. In the Temp folder after a backup will be a folder called DVDxCopy or DVDxPress (depending on what version you are using). Select the files in this folder and move them to an other folder an where else.

IMPORTANT start back up, when backup done, move the file contents, then close DVDxCopy, then burn with burning engine. If you close DVDxCopy you will not find the folder as it is deleted when you close the program. You must move it before closing.
    This way always works and allows for multiple backups (if you get a disc error on the first).

9. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

10. woof811

woof811 Regular member

try the latest version of dvd x xpress v3.0.2, it works f me ok with bulkpaq or ritek dvd-r 4 speed

11. woof811

woof811 Regular member

also try dvd shrink to rip n shrink, and nero 6 to burn u can get the guides toshow u what to do at this site, i did and have made no tea coasters as yet

12. koola

koola Guest

CloneDVD does the job as I just backed the same DVD up yesterday using AnyDVD to decrypt, then CloneDVD to transcode/burn.

Easy as 1,2,3!

Enjoy :D

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I truly love Xpress but there are lots of software conflicts are associated with Xpress. Check some of these at:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49908
    "P"
    Forgot to mention, there is no problem with "Daredevil", I did it using Xpress 3.0 (entire Disc) - however I let Nero do the burning -
    Good luck - "P"_X_X_X_X_X_[small] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    3 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.
    [/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003