1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Fab 3.1.5 - Help Needed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jaywest11, Jul 22, 2007.

1. jaywest11

jaywest11 Member

It has been working for a long time, no problems, no error messages, no nothing. (Eight days left on trial) Now when I decrypt a DVD movie it gets through the 'Analyzing' but gets hung up on the 'Copy process' about 2% in; it appears as it is still copying (time elapsing), but no progress is being made.

Any ideas?

2. budro

budro Regular member

which dvd are you trying to back up?

check out this site:
    ***removed***

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  3. jaywest11

jaywest11 Member

I've tried many different DVDs, same result.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. budro

budro Regular member

sorry about that admin or moderator, won't happen again

well, about the dvd's, i don't know what to tell you. maybe use a barely older version

5. syxguns

syxguns Active member

jaywest11-
    If you are talking about ripping the movie with HD DVDFab then you are more than welcome to buy the version that you are using, I've heard that it is really nice, but I never have a problem updating the free version of the software. You may download that here Link

The first thing I would try is to just rip the movie to the HDD. Then play the movie from the HDD to make sure that you got a good rip. If the rip was not good then you have a couple of choices. Try a different ripper, or try a program like FixVTS or Free DVD. Free DVD may be found on the site I listed above. FixVTS may be found here: Link

There are a couple of other rippers to try as well. If the movie did rip fine, then try burning using a different burning program such as ImgBurn which you can find here: Link

Be sure to read the directions. If you are burning a VIDEO_TS folder you will need to use the build feature. The build feature will create the ISO for burning.

6. budro

budro Regular member

i would highly recommend buying dvd fab 3.1.5 platinum. very easy to use. all you do is click a button to rip it, and then once it's done doing that (if you only have 1 dvd drive) swap the origional with a blank. it does the rest automatically. however, i'd recommend saving the video files to your hard drive then useing DVD shrink and Nero for burning, you get much better quality

7. syxguns

syxguns Active member

budro-
    I'm a little confussed with the two comments you put together. I took the liberty to separate them. In the first statement you recommend the premium version of DVDFab, but in the second you state that you get a better burn out of using shrink and Nero.

If you are going to use DVD Shrink and Nero, then I wouldn't suggest buying the premium version.

I can rip and burn anything for free. Sometimes it takes two or three rippers to get the rip that I desire, and it can be time consuming so I did purchase AnyDVD, and DVD ReMake Pro. I use to use VobBlanker which is a fantastic program, but it does not offer the advantages to DVDRMP. With DVDRMP I can change menu's and restructure DVD's. You do not have those options with VobBlanker.

I will give you a quick example. The following is the Main menu to "The Number 23"
    [​IMG]

If you notice on the menu above it has DVD Online Features and a "?". The second on the Menu is infinifilm. Infinifilm has so much unused crap on it that I decided to get rid of it. This is the change that I made to the main menu. This is my main menu:
    [​IMG]

I mentioned the infini stuff. Basically it is a bunch of useless information that nobody wants. The following is just one screen of it.
    [​IMG]

The next is a menu that shows the All Access Pass. Notice the "?" I outlined. That takes you to another stupid blue screen!
    [​IMG]

I changed that menu as well. I do not care to have that crap on the backup that I make. Here is my new menu, notice that it is the same menu just without the wording I do not desire.
    [​IMG]

Now when you go to Deleted Scenes in my main menu you will see the screen above. Now when you select deleted scenes you will see this menu:
    [​IMG]

By the way, we are going to have a lot of questions about this movie!! I backed it up at 98%!! Who Hoo:)

8. jaywest11

jaywest11 Member

I ended up simply downloading the Platinum trial version 3.1.5 and it works fine. Maybe the Gold version hasn't had all the bugs worked out yet or maybe DVD Fab just wants to make you purchase their software after 22 days instead of giving the user the full 30.

Thank you both for your advice.

9. budro

budro Regular member

np, anytime

i recommend getting it because Platinum has MANY more features, just incase you wanna put a movie on a mobile device or something like that

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007