1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Fab Decrypter Settings

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bobdaman7, Feb 4, 2007.

1. bobdaman7

bobdaman7 Member

Is there a setting on DVD Fab Decrypter where you can set it to iso mode, just wondering.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

No, DVDFab doesn't work with or produce ISO image files.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

To work with ISO files use programs like DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn or MagicIso or even PowerIso.

They all can do a great job.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Since you mention a decrypter, I assume you want one to output to ISO. RipIt4Me has ISO as an output option and is one of the best decryption tools available. http://www.ripit4me.org/ It was ahead of the DVDFab Decrypter on the latest copy protection. Why you would want ISO at this stage has me wondering. Most people want the ISO to use as the burn format. Shrink outputs to ISO. I use RB Pro which also outputs to ISO as an option.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Yes, with DVDFab Decrypter, you can set/customize the output as an ISO, once it's completed, you'll have an ISO ready for you.

[​IMG]

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

So we have 2 decrypters that will rip to an ISO. I'm still curious as to why unless the rip is already a DVD5 size or going to DL and doesn't need encoding or transcoding to fit. The reason I ask is a lot of files need to be processed for compliance and that's difficult to do if the files are in an ISO.

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Yes, that is true and I agree with you 100% in regards to DVD ripping. I preferred DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me to rip as VIDEO_TS (BUP, IFO, VOB) simply because with these, I can process through FixVTS or VobBlanker for corrupted/bogus cells/vts, pgcs, etc. Furthermore, with VIDEO_TS (BUP, IFO, VOB), I have more control over my backup and I can edit anything to my desire.

I guess some newbies just want the easy way and going with the ISO route that's all.

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

EDIT:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007