1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD FAB Disc 2 Problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by smokinzx6, Jun 16, 2004.

1. smokinzx6

smokinzx6 Member

PLEASE HELP!! I have searched this and other sites for the answer..But to no avail. So I will post it and see if someone can help me.

I have downloaded the trial version of DVD FAB 1.95. When I first stared the program I was simply amazed at the ease of use. What an incredible program.

However..After my first atempt and my second..I soon became very frustrated.

The first disk burned and played very well. I was very happy. The second disk does nothing but show me the "Insert Disc 1" display page. I cannot get it to play the rest of the dvd no matter what I do. Why is it doing this? I want to purchase this program and use it exclusivly, however I am not paying for something that does not work properly.

I hope someone can help me with this....

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. smokinzx6

smokinzx6 Member

Sorry..I didn't really know where to post it. And as you can see I haven't had any luck getting any help.

Cheers

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't have the answer, but I'll see what I can do :)

5. teefyum

teefyum Member

Probably just some freak thing, never had a problem with DVDFab.

Try emailing the support team there http://www.dvdidle.com/contact.htm

Other then that use the FREE DVDShrink to backup cd2.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  6. smokinzx6

smokinzx6 Member

I have a feeling that it was the movie I was backing up. The Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both gave me a hard time. However 8mile and Blackhawk down did not?? Weird. I am very happy with the result of the 2 that worked. I just used ifoedit for both matrixs...Thanks for all your help tho!!

Cheers

7. nerdo1

nerdo1 Member

Try this little trick with DVD Fab v1.95. Don't burn it directly to the Disc. But rather burn it to the hard drive. Avoid using the Wizard. That is what gave you the problem in the first place.

Also if the movie is extremely long like any of the lord of the rings DVDs and you only want the movie. (They are all about 3 hours long without the extras.) You can select "Main Movie" on the first page. On the second page it goes select source then it does the analyze thing and on the next page on the left side of the screen and about the middle you can click on 2 Disc. Then you can copy to a folder on your HD.

When you are finished copying. Go back to the beginning and start with the first screen. Select "Other Tools". On the next screen select "Burn DVD Folder Image". Now select the Disc 1 video and burn it to Disc. Do the same for Disc 2 when Disc 1 is completed

This should be the answer you are looking for.

8. nerdo1

nerdo1 Member

I tried doing the same thing I suggested to you to do and I got a bad second Disc as well.

So here is what I noticed and did. I noticed that when I started the burn for the second DVD it popped up a notification that it was finalizing. It then started the second burn. Which wasted my Disc.
    Here is what I think happened. Somehow or other it did a finalization on the second DVD and that is why you got the blank screen (same as me) I then turned everything off and rebooted the PC and then restarted DVD Fab (I am using the trial as well)

Now I followed the procedures to make the second DVD and it worked great!! I don't know if it is important or not but I always click on the Browse and follow to the DVD folder and click on it there and I don't use the drop down selection for the 1st or 2nd folder.

I guess that I could have just used a RW when burning the second Disc. Then burned another permanent Disc (+R or-R). As long as I got the finalizing thing out of the way.

All in all it looks like a problem the makers might have to fix.