1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd fab dycrypter 3

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by radio95, Jan 21, 2007.

1. radio95

radio95 Member

can i use dvd fab 3 to compress and burn dvds without using shrink and nero

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

DVDFab Decrypter does not compress or burn. You will need to use a burning program as well as a compression program.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The above is from the retail DVDFab. The free Decrypter is a no frills version of the decryption software used in the retail program.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@radio95

Both fasfrank and PacMan777 are right, DVDFab Decrypter is only a ripper, but it is one of the best (FREE) ripper beside the great RipIt4Me.

With that in mind, if you want to get the all-in-one DVD copying/converting/burning software. In just one or two steps, you can copy any DVD to DVDR/PSP/iPod, then you'll need DVDFab Platinum
    This is taken directly from cdfreaks.com (DVDFab Decrypter's forum)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  6. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

Here is another post from Fengtao the author of DVDFab Decryptor posted today.

fengtao
    DVDidle Author

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

We are re-designing the core part of copy protection removal engine, which will support the latest copy protection better.

The latest copy protection on SAW III and other discs try to prevent the full disc copy, not the main movie, since it's impossible to prevent main movie copy. We are working on better solution to support full disc copy for latest and future protections.

The new beta should be out soon, please be patient.
    Also, there is at least two versions for same movie, so some people get it work with DVDFab, some people don't. If you bought the not-so-protected version, you are lucky

Best Regards,
    Fengtao

This taken from:
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=206517&page=4

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Fengtao is awesome, this guy works hard trying to beat the big guys (i.e. Macrovision and Sony) just so everyone (we) can enjoy their (our) backups smoothly. Way-to-go Fengtao!!

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

just dl DVDFab 3.0.6.0 Beta cant wait to try it.
    thank you fengtao!

9. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

This is for Alkohol........I know you have written great guides for backing up DVDs with free software. Can you post a link to one of them please.....Thanks a lot!

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

11. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

Thanks Alkohol......got a question for you........I am a little confused by one of your guides on your site. The title that we click on to get to the guide says "RipIt4me DVD Shrink and ImgBurn". When clicked on, the page comes up and at top of page it says "RipIt4me + VobBlanker + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn".

VobBlanker doesn't seem to be used in Guide. Also beside RipIt4me in brackets is (DVD Decrypter + FixVTS).

Are VobBlanker, DVD Decrypter and FixVTS related programs??

Hope that makes sense...cheers.

12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

The "title" was a missed typo thing by my buddy frank. And no VobBlanker is not related to DVD Decrypter and FixVTS, they're totally different. VobBlanker is a editing program, more likely program chain (pgc, vts and cells, etc.), you can strip, cut, delete or blank any scene, pgc, or cell with a few simple clicks.

FixVTS is a cleaning tool, it filter any left over unreferenced vts, cells, etc. and make your backup into a compliant DVD backup.

13. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

OK, last question, will it always be neccessary to use either one of VobBlanker or FixVTS when using the free tools or does it depend, and if so on what?
    I currently use AnyDVD but would like to experiment with the free tools. I understand I should turn off AnyDVD.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

In fact RI4M issues a warning to turn off AnyDVD if you have it on. VobBlanker and FixVTS depend on the circumstances. Alkohol explained it pretty well already.
    Not all releases need editing or cleanup. Not all have the heavier copy protection. With RI4M you can open files in Shrink to see if FixVTS is needed. If you do a rip with other software and the files don't open, you pretty much know to give FixVTS a try or use VobBlanker to edit the files and do a movie only.

15. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

I needed BOTH answers Pacman.

Thanks to you both (Alkohol and Pacman)

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome.

17. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

Well, I used the free software. It worked fine. Only thing was it took ages !! Of course I know it will go a lot faster after a few more goes, and now that I have the software downloaded and setup etc.

But still, how can AnyDVD do the work of Ripit4me (DVD Decrypter and FixVTS) in a few seconds, when they take a hell of a lot longer.

I think I am right in saying that it does ( I am a bit tired now, 2am my time), if so, why can't free software be written to do what AnyDVD does in same time? Is it resources (money), time and energy?

Just curious.

Don't get me wrong I think the free software is great!

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Probably.

Though something of a washout in my opinion, there is DVD43, which is a free on-the-fly decrypter similar to AnyDVD. FYI AnyDVD and RI4M are 2 different decryption tools, though AnyDVD does include a ripper as an option. AnyDVD as you describe it is an on-the-fly decrypter and RI4M uses DVD Decrypter which is a ripper. As you notice the RI4M cleans up the heavier copy protections that are causing the current uproar, using the latest FixVTS (which adds time). AnyDVD will decrypt but is leaving problem files. Other than CloneDVD, most software have difficulty with the files from AnyDVD. Most software can use the files from RI4M.

19. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

I didn't know that Pacman.
    I guess I am lucky. I don't have clonedvd and have only once ever backed up a DVD without AnyDVD (used ripit4me just recently for fun) and have never had a problem.

But then I have to admit I don't back up many.

Well I have both so I will use one and if that doesn't work will try the other.

Cheers.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You have the best plan there and the free software makes it easier to implement. None of the software has been 100% all the time and it is a good plan to have an alternative ready.