1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Fab Platinum Runs Slow

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bribhood, Nov 11, 2007.

1. bribhood

bribhood Member

My DVD Fab runs slow. Lately, it takes almost two hours to make a disc and the top read speed is 1.5MB/s. Before it took about 40 minutes and read at 5 MB/s. I have run all the anti-virus and anti-spyware programs with little success in correcting the problem. It's not the laser or a hardware problem. When the problem occured, I found a dropper trojan and quarantined it. In the past when this has happened, I just used System Restore to restore to a point that worked. This time, all restore points would not work and I had to start my restore from scratch.

Does anyone have any suggestions or seen this problem before?

Thanks,

Brian

2. drklrd1

drklrd1 Member

Hi bribhood,
    Check how many programs you have using your system resources. Stop all programs you don't need from loading/running at startup.
    How old is the puter? 40 minutes is pretty slow.
    Mine rips and burns in 15-17 minutes. You may also have an undetected virus/trojan/spyware in the system.
    ALL virus/trojan/spyware can't be detected by one program
    Hope this helps

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you checked to see that DMA is enabled for all drives?

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. bribhood

bribhood Member

Thank you all so much!! This solved my problem and saved me a lot of time. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Brian

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

welcome to Afterdawn!

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got it sorted...happy burning.

8. danmax

danmax Member

Hi everyone, I've had the same problem. I'm doing the DMA thing while I write. Apart from slow burning 3 months ago I emailed Fab about this, and got reply. They told me to reinstall fab, but I was sure that it was something ealse. Reseting DMA is helping now, but I did try a new burner to see if it was my Plextor 740A. I used a new Sony, and it seemed to work, I reinstalled my Plextor and it worked fine for many burns. But check this out. I unpluged the power to it (while puter was off) and pluged it back in. The Plextor worked fine for a long time and with over 500 read/writes it still works great. Now one of the new computers I built got the Sony burner in it. I did 6 movies this evening and noticed that when it started to Finalize the Sony ejected to DVD.3 out of 6 read open, not finalized when I used Nero to check. So now I have a new problem. Has anyone had a problem with Sony burners doing this?Model DW-G120A. I tried TDK +/-, TY's ending with same outcome. Most of them played on one of my Panasonic, but not on the other one, or my Sony Player. I hope it's my Sony burner and not Fab at fault. I have a new Plextor that I'm ready to install unless someone out there nows something I may be missing. danmax