1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Fab Prob

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ch4in54w, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

m trying with eragon (which i DO own and purchased from Best Buy), I am getting errors even with DVDFab... there has to be a way around these...right?

it will analyze it and then give me an error when it reaches VTS_04.VOB
    the error says "Error while reading" it gives me the option to ignore, ignore all, or abort.. if I hit ignore it progresses a little further. and successfully finished. when I put it in my dvd player it says unknown disk, and when I checked it on my PC, it doesn't show anything is on the DVD.. wtf..

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

What version pf DVDFab Decrypter are you using?? Also make sure the disc is not scratched.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  3. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

i changed software to AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.. and I get an error
    [​IMG]

any idea?

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

That error means your disc is either dirty and you need to clean it or it is damaged and you need to replace it.

5. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

yeah thats just it the disk is flawless, i just bought it from bestbuy yesterday.. but this isnt an encryption issue? should I take it back for an exchange?

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Update your DVDFab program to the latest one and see if that helps.

7. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

eh already uninstalled it and dont feel like breaking it out again.. my DVDcopy2 is up to date and so is my AnyDVD.. if those arent working nothing will..I just cleaned the disk with some windex and a lint free soft cloth that I trust on my oakleys and about to try it agian..

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If you have AnyDVD. Use it as a ripper and rip the disc using AnyDVD. Right click on the fox head and then click the rip option if i remember rightly.

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there was no problem with this movie that DVDFab or AnyDVD & CloneDVD could not handle.... the problem you are experiencing is either a dirty disk or a bad press (meaning the disk is defective!). It happens! if you cleaned the disk and you are still getting reading errors, return the disk to the store for a replacement!

Just like borhan9 told you:

10. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

thanks, i wasnt questioning what you guys were telling me, on another forum they were saying thats an encryption issue regardless of it saying the disk is dirty.. *shrug* im just trying to see both sides of the spectrum thanks!

11. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Just clarifying something. If the program had an issue with the copy protection on the disc that last error box would have said the disc is copy protected. :)