1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD FAB problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stnbenn, Jun 25, 2007.

1. stnbenn

stnbenn Member

Hey guys and Gals, Downloaded DVDFab free version and cannot get dicscs to play in any of my players. To start with DVD Fab, there is no help section, and when directed to their site for a tutorial, it say it is coming soon. This irritates me to start with. I want to evaluate the software before I buy it.

I am presently trying to copy "The DiVinci Code" and am able to copy it using DVDFab, then burn the file to a disc using Roxio Creator classic, but get "Disc Error" in all my players. I tried copying with DVDFab, then ran it through Shrink 3.1 and still get "disc error". Just trying to back up the discs using Shrink sends me an "Invalid Navigation Structure" error which I believe to be an encription or other error that shrink can't handle. I have over 1300 successful back ups using "Shrink" and need something to cover those few newer discs that I can't back up.

I have downloaded several freeware or shareware software titles and none really work. DVD decriptor is about the same as shrink. If shrink won't work, neither does DVD decripter. I am not the most tech savvy old guy, and would like to find something that will work. However, I always want to try it or evaluate it before I commit to buy it. Seems to me, the dudes writing this stuff either don't have any real business sense or advertising skills, and lead you on with fancy claims, only to screw you when you buy the stuff.

I have a Lite-On SHW-1635S burner on this computer, and a Plextor PX 712 on the other. I update the software frequently, have Win. XP Home on both, 30 free gb. on hard drive on this one and 15 on the other, 1gb. ram on both E Machines with an AMD Sempron 3300+ processor.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member