1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD failing to write

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mojopin, May 18, 2007.

1. mojopin

mojopin Member

Please bear with me on this one, I'm super clued up as some of you seem to be. I have a sony dvd rw which for some reason has suddenly stopped burning. I can still watch dvd's on it, and can burn cd's from itunes on it, but when I use my xilisoft avi - dvd program to burn dvd's it gets right to the end of the program and then I get 'failed to opean (I dont know whether this is a spelling mistake or a real term) dvd - please check that you have a dvd burner installed'. I reinstalled the aspi files as my nero info tool said they weren't installed properly, but still it fails to burn dvd's. I even uninstalled both the read drive and the burner drive - this didn't work either. I'm now at a loss a s to what to do, all diagnostics seem to suggest that there isn't a problem with the burner. I havent been able to find a new driver for the unit as it appears to be out of date now. Any help is gratefully received and may save a computer from being thrown from a window. Thanks

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello,

when using the xilisoft AVI - dvd program can you have that program make the output file write to the HDD instead of the burner.
    not sure since i have never used that program, but if you can thats what i would suggest you do, so you can burn it manually with Nero, as it sounds like nero does recoginize your burner, and if you get a burn error you can post the burn log so we can see whats the problem.

also have you updated your firmware?

Last edited: May 18, 2007