1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD file playing problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mechjerk, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mechjerk

mechjerk Member

Well I've spent a fair bit of time looking at other posts and I have a few questions:

Is it not possible to just copy the files that sit on a dvd to your harddrive and edit them? I ask this because I have copied a disc I made in a DVD camcorder to my harddrive (by the Copy/Paste method). It plays fine on in media player except that the little progress bar that tells you how long you have left/run through stops after about 7 seconds or so, but the video and the soun continue.

I didn't think much of this until i tried to edit the movie. I imported the files on my harddrive into MyDVD, it ran through the process but when it was finished insted of there being 3 chapters there was 1 chapter that was about 7 seconds long (it does seem to cut of where the mediaplayer progress bar stops).

Has anyone got any ideas about what is going wrong or why?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear mechjerk,
    Normally you can't just copy and paste contents of a DVD video like ordinary data files. That's why we say 'burn'.
    If you have a mini DVD from a camcorder (like I do), and would like to burn it onto the HD, you can use burning programs like Nero to do it.