1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD files to AVI conversion question???

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by meviuix, Jan 20, 2007.

1. meviuix

meviuix Member

I am interested in compressing my DVD files to AVI's to go on a Media Gate MG-35 file server.

I have noticed some of the movies I have seen off the net for download, that are like 700mb, have better quality than my 1gb compressed movies.

My question is: What is the best software to do this with that will give me the best quality and smallest file??

Thanks

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There are many programs to do what you want. Everyone has their favorite. Mine is DVD Rebuilder Pro.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. Tybalt_39

Tybalt_39 Guest

Theres a program i use called "#1 DVD Ripper" that rip's the DVD and converts them into .avi automaticly. You may wanna look into that.

4. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

5. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

In addition to other suggestions already made I would recommend trying autogk (found in the software section).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  6. martypdji

martypdji Member

I have a similar question, and I have most of the programs above but I just can't figure these out for what I want to do. My dvd has 4 episodes on it, and some extra's, but I just want to take one of these episodes and make a smaller avi file, and do it for other disks also so I can make a "best of episodes" dvd of these episodes. My dvd player plays avi files so I don't want to convert them once they are avi. I just want to take a 1hour file off a dvd and convert it to avi without converting the entire dvd. (I know how to make a copy of a dvd, but not how to make a copy of a 1hour episode off that dvd and convert just the episode to avi). Is one of the programs above good for doing this, and are their some direction pages for it for what I want to do?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member