1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd firmware flashing... good? bad? ugly?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ssjandu, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ssjandu

ssjandu Member

so i was surfing around the internet for interesting tidbits on xbox 360. i came upon two methods of playing backup games, one of which being a flash of the dvd firmware. so far i see no disadvantage to this method at all, but i have not seen information anywhere on the effect that this will have on my xbox live account. i'm aware that microsoft is nullifying xbox live capibilities on xbox 360s with modchips (the reason that i don't plan to get a chip for mine), but i'm not sure whether it's doing the same for 360s with modded dvd firmware. if i mod my dvd firmware, will i still have xbox live? are there any other advantages/disadvantages to this method? i'd love to be able to back up my games and play them. any information would be great.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you obviously have not looked very hard as there has to be about 50 posts here about bannings from Xbox Live.

When you mod the console you ALWAYS run the risk of getting banned from Live. Some have been banned, others have not, and no one knows any real answers as to why you get banned. There are only theories and educated guesses.

And i think more Hitachi drive owners have had problems then Samsung owners. Just look around and you can find all the theories you want about modding and getting banned from Xbox Live.

If you are one of those people adicted two Live then you have 3 choices:
    1. do not mod the console and buy all your games.
    2. mod it and hope for the best
    3. get a second core system and mod that, and only use it for games you do not play on Live. And buy all the one's that you do use on live to use with your current unmodded system.