1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD FLICK does not burn correctly

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by fern000, Mar 19, 2012.

1. fern000

fern000 Member

I have used DVD Flick for a long time and just about 1 week ago I started to have problems It says that it burned it correctly but when i play it in my dvd player it will only play to about 3/4 of the movie then i get pixel squares and then it jumps to the beginning of the movie Im very frustrated . if anyone knows of a fix i really need to know it
    Thanks fern000

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick saves the output to a folder on the HDD, when you play it back using your media player, is the problem apparent?

If the video is good, then look to the quality of the media.
    If you are using standard DVD blanks, it's best to burn Verbatim brand disks.
    The ones you want should be Advanced DataLife or say 'AZO' (which is the type of dye used on their top quality DVD-R and DVD+R disks).

I can buy them at Staples stores in Canada or reputable mail order.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

3. fern000

fern000 Member

If the video is good, then look to the quality of the media.
    If you are using standard DVD blanks, its best to burn Verbatim brand disks.
    The ones you want should be Advanced DataLife or say AZO (which is the type of dye used on their top quality DVD-R and DVD+R disks).

I can buy them at Staples stores in Canada or reputable mail order.

Thank You The quality of the dvd is good in all aspects I even tried downloading different versions of the video and still the same problem I all so use verbatim DVD-R discs but I dont think they are AZO These are the inkjet printable ones , I never had a problem with these before , could it just be a bad batch

4. attar

attar Senior member

I use Verbatim printables, Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20, burning at 4x without problems.
    Using Imgburn, click 'Tools > Drive > Check for firmware updates' to see if anything is available.