1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd format

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chewbaca, Nov 26, 2004.

1. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

I just recently got a new dell pc.It has the dual burners but while I was trying to burn a disk it said please insert dvd+rw.Does that mean that is the only format I can use.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey chewbaca,Yes. Probably + format only.+r and +rw. Get some quality +rw's to practice with. Any more ?,s Just come on back.Check out the dvd shrink forum.Later

3. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Hey thanks Saugmon.I surely will come back with more questions.Just starting to get the hang with copying onto dvd.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey chewbaca,welcome to the world of dvd burning. There are lots of info,guides,links to great software,which products are better, and a whole lot of other things.See ya later

5. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Hey Saugmon,I was thinking of getting a dvd camcorder but I really dont want to spend to much.Are there any that you would prefer and which is the best format to get it with?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey chew, I am still in the stone age when it comes to camcorders. I am still using 8 mm ,,lol. I haven't been to that forum yet. dvd camcorders are out of my league right now. Some day I will have to get one and that is where i will head to. Later