1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd freeze

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by duquesa, Sep 3, 2004.

1. duquesa

duquesa Member

hi all. i need help ihave an nec 2510 i.ve been useing ritic an bulkpaq media to burn movies. the problem is that when i play them back on my main dvd player they freeze about 3/4 of the way through the movie but when i play them on my small tv/dvd player they play fine i.ve tried them on another main dvd play and they still freeze . they work fine on the computer help silver surfer

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sounds like a media problem. Try some ritek (branded) dvd + or - r's. Maxell and sony are usually good also.

3. tjwhite

tjwhite Member

i am having the same problem with using dvd x copy express. everything is fine during the first 3/4 of the movie. the last 1/4 freezes and even kicks back to the begining. i have tried everything. my start up being just what i run to make sure no other program is running. im stumpted. why is the first part fine then last part choppy.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Poor quality media is the no. 1 cause of freezing, tileing, and pixelateing. The first 3/4 of the dvd can play fine and the media still be the culprit. The outer edge of cheap media is usually where it is defective (thus the last part of the movie) because the dye is not spread out evenly. What brand and media code media are you useing? Here is a good media guide.
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm