1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD from ripped VOBs files

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by gort9k, Sep 18, 2003.

1. gort9k

gort9k Member

This one should be easy:

I've ripped a movie onto my HD using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode. Now I've got five .vob files and one .ifo file, as well.
    As the five .vob files only add up to four gigabytes I want to record a DVD without using compression. Is there any tool that allows me to do it.
    By the way I am going to record it using Nero 6.
    Thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

So, whats the problem? If the movie is only 4 gigs, it will fit without compression.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, if its less than 4400MB then just burn it using Nero in DVD ROM UDF/ISo inside a VIDEO_TS folder

4. gort9k

gort9k Member

Tha problem is that when I try to record the DVD importing those files into Nero I got a message saying that the files are not ok to burn.
    If I look into VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD made with DVD2ONE, for instance, I can see some .bup files, as well as .ifo and .vob files.
    What I am lookig for is a way to create those files , let's say, on the fly, without using a transcoding utility like the mentioned DVD2ONE or DVDSHRINK.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

On the fly isnt good, and you need to De-CSS the disc using a ripper. Try using Record Now deluxe trial to see if that works

6. gort9k

gort9k Member

Thanks oriphus:
    You mean it is so simple as burning those .vob files into a VIDEO_TS folder.
    But... when I select UDF/ISO mode all I got is a blank explorer window (if I select DVD-Video mode, Nero creates an AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folder on its own).
    Of course I can create those two folders, in UDF/ISO mode, but it will work, in the end like a DVD-Video?
    Excuseme by making this kind of question. If you know what you are doing it sound kind of silly, but...

7. Prank

Prank Guest

If you are using decrypter and your disk is under 4.7G you should use the ISO Read and ISO Write MODES, and cut nero out of the process. A hell of a lot easier.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Actually, i disagree with using ISO to burn. DVD Video is fine as well as UDF/ISO mode, but i prefer the second as for some reasons the DVD Video method came up with compatibility issues on some players for me.

9. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

gort9k, when you ripped with Decrypter, did you select [bold]all[/bold] the files.
    Or is the combined size of these files smaller than 4GB because you did not rip the whole content of the DVD?

In any case, I'd advise you to rip in "File" mode, making sure you're not selecting the movie-only files (which is DVD Decrypter default setting).
    Here is a user friendly guide:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

If the total file size exceeds a DVD-R capacity, simply use one of the numerous DVD9 to DVD5 tools available.
    I would recommend DVD Shrink v3.0 beta 5 (free software).
    Some guides to get you familiar with it:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

When the files have been shrunk (or not if they didn't need to be), use Nero in DVD-Video or UDF/ISO mode.
    Some more guides:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php

Let us know if that helps. ;)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]~ ddlooping~ [​IMG]
    For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and downloads, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  10. gort9k

gort9k Member

Sorry for being late (I made a short trip)
    In the end I used Ifoedit.
    As I told you before, after ripping in IFO mode I got several .vob files (five of them) and one .ifo file. So I used Ifoedit, opened my .ifo file (seem it likes uppercase) and went to VOB extras. Then I selected "Create new IFOS", and here you are, I ended with a brand new .bup file, that allowed me to burn the DVD without further trouble.
    I THANK ALL OF YOU AGAIN (excuse my uppercase)