1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD game (384Mb) to CD-r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wizkid, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I want to copy Rally Fusion (DVD based game) to CD-r because it's only 384 Mb.
    First I made an Image of the original DVD game to my HD with Nero.
    Then I selected Burn Image Cd and copied it to a CD-r. It said succesfull copy.
    When I want to play the game in my PS2 30004R V5 with Messiah it gives me an error (something about a missing file or can't start a file).
    Ok , I can make a copy DVD to DVD but I know there is a way. Mayby one of my setting in Nero is incorrect...
    BTW I burned at 12x speed (my mistake) .. is that the problem or .... ??
    Let me know...

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Is there No one who knows how to do this ??

Come on guys !

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Hey Wizkid, check out my tutorial here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 and follow the tutorial for Prassi. I know you like Nero but I have succesfully done 2 titles from DVD to CD-R using Prassi. I used the first method of reading it to the HD then burning the .gi image to CD with the DVD Writer (as prassi will only "see" a DVD writer).

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Thanx !!
    I will look into this matter and i am curious if it'll work ...

Thnx again.

5. budd94

budd94 Guest

Hello Wizkid! I have done this successfully using Record Now...I just clicked the button "Make an Exact Copy" it worked fine...
    try doing that...
    Good luck,

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Thanx BUdd.
    I did it with CloneCD and it said the copy was succesful but didn't start so I will try Record Now. I have it allready on my computer..

7. enigma687

enigma687 Member

hey wizkid,

think bout this 1. The game is DVD based BUT it is only 384Mb. So u think mayb, that u will need to remove the dvd check on the disc???

8. Oner

You do not have mess with any DVD check, I have done 2 titles this way. Just follow the tutorial below.

Using Prassi

1. Start Primo
    2. Select "go to full application"
    3. Right Click the drive that has your original in it
    4. Select "build global image" and choose a path for the image (preferably on an NTFS opsys)
    5. After the image is extracted go to next step
    6. Choose the 3rd disc icon from the left *or* click file, new job, Global/Other Image
    7. Then just burn the .gi (global image) of the game *Using a CDR disc in your DVD Writer* as Prassi will not work with a CD Writer with a CD-R in it.

I have just got RecordNow Max. I will try it out and update my Tutorial when I can.

9. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

If there are dvd checks you will have to remove the dvd checks if you are going from dvd to cd-r. Doesn't matter what software you use to copy it. There is code in the slus file and sometimes other files that tells the ps2 to make sure it is dvd type media while booting up. If it finds that it is not dvd type media it will stop. Not all older dvd games had dvd checks but I haven't seen any newer games without them. So I would guess that is what your problem is.
    After further investigation I found there are checks for this game. Wizkid let me know if you have the pal or ntsc version and I will send you the ripkit for this game. You won't be able to copy it the way you are trying to.

10. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Okee thanx for your reply, but....

I allready copied it to a DVD+rw and it works.
    The thing is that it's only 384Mb so that's why I wanted to copy it onto CD-r.

Thanx anyways !!

11. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

Well it will work if you copy it to dvd+rw or dvd+r or dvd-r or dvd-rw just not cd-r or cd-rw. You need the ripkit to remove the checks. Or you can find them yourself with ida pro and a hex editor. There are dvd checks in this game I have confirmed this. This is the whole reason they put a game that would fit on cd on dvd. So it's not so easy to copy.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2003
  12. Oner

You know, I find that funny as how I have done them and someone else has and other people on other forums have but you say it can't be done. I guess the 2 titles I have in my hands don't exist. Wizkid did you try using RecordNow Max.

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I first tried it with Nero and then I tried it with RecordNow. They both said the copy was succesfull. The prob is they won't boot.
    I now have this game on DVD+r but mayby there are more games like that which I want to copy in the future.
    I guess I try the tutorial you wrote DextrsLab using Prassi. You did copy 2 games like that, didn't you ? Otherwise it's a waist of DVD+r's.

14. Oner

I have the titles right here. Batman Vengeance is 691 megs and Super Bust a Move is 31.2 megs. Do you think I would waste a DVD-R on something that small!

15. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

No don't think so ! Dex..
    Mine was only 384Mb !! I will try it you way..next time ...thanx

16. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

DextrsLab, what is sooo hard to understand? If you would read a little closer you would have seen that I said not all dvd games have dvd checks. But if they do have dvd checks they will need to be removed. Simple as that. You can burn them all day long but if you don't remove the checks they won't boot in your ps2. The game that Wizkid is trying to back up has dvd checks. I never said Batman Vengeance or Super Bust a Move had dvd checks.
    Wizkid, if you want to get this game working on cd-r I will help you and it will be very simple if you just do what I say. I have ripped many games and created a few of my own ripkits for others to use.

17. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I allready told this:
    I copied it now onto DVD-r.
    I just want to know for copies that I can make in the future !

Thanx anyway...

18. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

I just thought you might like to know how to do it for future reference but if not fine.

19. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Ok bluebus I really appreciate the help here but I don't think of getting in the ripping business. I might use the Dex tutorial once, if it works it's great, if not I will spend a DVD on it....

Money must keep on roling...

20. Oner

RE: Bluebus

I will not go on with this banter. Especially since you edit your post after I posted mine to fit your "point". I will not allow myself to get banned over trivial matters. I will not reply anymore (to avoid things becoming stupid). I see this finished and dropped. Dex