1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd games and cd labels

Discussion in 'PS2' started by extreme76, Jul 6, 2003.

1. extreme76

extreme76 Guest

i have read many time about people saying dont use cd labels on dvd's because they will make the game not work i have just bought a burner and done 10 games and added labels to all works fine so just go get a cd stomper and label all you want

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

WHO WOULD SAY THAT! Don't listen to those people... A cd is the same size, shape and everything of a dvd. There's nothing wrong with puttin a cd label onto a dvd. What really is gonna happen. Nothin!

3. c7015

c7015 Regular member

actually it is true for some reason some peopel have trouble when they put lables on dvd's and the dvd player has trouble reading it try it out if you have a problem stop using lables

(but try it on a few sometimessometimes it takes time for a problem to persist)

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Thanx c7015! But that sounds really strange. It doesn't make that much sense for it to have problems. Hmmm....

5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

yeah I know there is not a real good explanation I heard one that sounded like it could maek sence but it is very complicated stuff I dont care becasue I dont use lables and if you do keep using them till you experioence dvd rot and then stop simple enough

6. spikeleee

spikeleee Member

I agree that labels on DVD or CD has no bearing on performance of the disk in my personal experience.

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I myself have labels on the majority of my backups with no problems, but that is not to say it can't happen. If the label if off just a little it can cause wobble which will affect perfomance/reading etc.