1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd games compressed to cd

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by DJDougal, Apr 9, 2005.

1. DJDougal

DJDougal Member

ive got some backups that are bin and cue format around 690 megs which burn sucessfully at 1x in clone cd and alcohol but not run sometimes invalid ps2 disk sometimes black screen and crazy loud disk drive. been told that swap magic only runs cd games up to 630 and there the wrong format for dvd.
    is breaker pro the only boot cd that will work with a cd up to 700?
    ive been looking around for it (cough cough) but with no luck, there are a few sites that sell it but nowhere local.
    anyone got any ideas ive got a few games sittin here that i realy wanna play. Thanks

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Have you tried using cd_loader in combination
    with the swap magic cd disk?.

3. DJDougal

DJDougal Member

tried buring the cdloader bin to both types of cd ive been using and neither will boot in sm3.3 im using:
    verbatim datalife 48x 700mb
    datawrite 90 min cdr
    ive got cogswap on a datawrite 52x silverback 80 mincdr
    and that boots ok but i dont have any of those disks left. is there anyway of using cogswap? could i use a high toc dvd game or would i need a big cd game cos dont think i have one of them. i will of course have to buy more cds that work but one or two of the combinations between software media and speed look like they might load in sm 3.3 flashing the right colors and stuf but then stop. just wanna try and force them to work with a second boot cd.

4. DJDougal

DJDougal Member

forget that, sucessfully burnt cdloader with alcohol at 4x onto verbatim, it runs but get the same error on the disk thing.

5. DJDougal

DJDougal Member

ok burnt a game exactly the same as i did cd loader, but the game doesnt work, get invalid disk in sm and the same in cd loader, this is driving me crazy!