1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd genertor didnt work?? why?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ben_32, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Ben_32

Ben_32 Member

hey sorry im new at this but i read how to back up my games and used dvd generator to read and then write and it seemed to work properly but the sony wouldnt read disc. So then i did same game madden 2005 with nero and it worked fine?? anyone know why or which is better should i just stick with nero? also what does ISO buster do? thanks

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You mean dvd decrypter right?.

Your post is very hard to understand
    Please Read your post before submitting and
    make sure its clear where people can understand your problem,
    so they can help you.

YOU WILL NEED A MODCHIP OR BOOT-DISCS TO PLAY BACKUPS

Isobuster is used to re-build .iso files.
    I use dvd decrypter to make my backups with no problems.

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

I have heard from a lot of people that they have problems trying to back up EA Sports games with DVD Decrypter, and then redone them with Nero and they worked fine. I would say that you could use any program you like, both will work fine. I just think for most games that DVD Decrypter works great and is fast and easy.

4. Ben_32

Ben_32 Member

thanks, jimak i used ritek and sorry i did mean decrypter and i burnt the game at 1x speed i have a mod chip.
    thanks steimy that makes sense then i hope it was just the ea game i will try some others with decrypter and see, otherwise i guess it is my media but would it work with nero and not decryptor if it was the media???