1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD has a crack in it.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tonsofpcs, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tonsofpcs

tonsofpcs Member

I have a friend's miniDVD disc here (from one of those POS cameras) that has a hairline crack in it. I have read it (in IFO mode) using DVD Decrypter, ignoring the errors which occur (when it trys to read bits near the crack). If I burn it directly, it will not play in any of my DVD players or computers with DVD-ROM or DVD-RW drives (Pioneer writers); if I attempt to put it into DVD Shrink, it shows me the first 8 minutes (there is approximately 30 minutes on the disc), then gives an error; if I attempt to put it into Sonic's MyDVD, (renamed to a .m2v), it begins to load, then freezes; if I attempt to use Ulead DVD Workshop, it loads the video in, I can edit it, but I cannot burn it without getting a recompression error.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this burnt or converted to a standard video format that I can re-convert to DVD format to burn?
    I have Ulead DVD Workshop, Sonic MyDVD, Adobe Premiere 6.0 (and 5.0), and a bunch of other software on the 3 DVD-writing machines here.

2. tonsofpcs

tonsofpcs Member

Update: By using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, setting the options to retry read errors once, then ignore, and afterwards using the 'IFO remove PUOs' tool and then renaming the file to be .m2v, I successfully imported the file into ULead DVD Workshop where I could edit it and/or burn a disc. This worked!