1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD has multiple episodes but shows 1 track.....

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dorian614, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

I am totally new to this particular forum, tried to look this up to no avail.

I have a DVD that I acquired from someone which has about 20 episodes of a particular program on one DVD. I would like to rip this DVD and make individual avi files of each episode. Normally I can do this pretty easy with the different rippers that I have..

This particular disc however, is coming up as having only one track on it. I have tried Nero and IMtoo, it shows up as one 7 hour and 30 minute track, when I know for a fact there are 20 episodes on it that probably do add up to 7 1/2 hours... It has a menu and everything which lets me select the individual episodes.

Does anyone have a clue on if it's even possible to rip this thing to individual avi's? And if so... how?? I'm totally stumped.

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

It is quite possible that it show one track.
    You can make navigation to mark each episode as a chapter and use menu to play each one.
    If you can rip it I do not know if Nero will be able to split it, but TMPGEnc Xpress will do the job for sure.
    You can even import DVD into it.
    Other software would be Mpeg Video Wizard DVD from Womble.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

this disk has no copy protection on it right?
    Rip the dvd in File mode with dvd decrypter,
    then open it with VoBBlanker, you should be able to blank out the episodes to make it fit on a SL disk
    here is a guide for basic blanking
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide6.html

7 hours on a DL disk is not good quality at all

4. dorian614

dorian614 Member

300bowler, Vob Blanker did the trick. Thank you very much! The quality is actually very good to boot.