1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD -> HDD Audio/Video Sync

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by delusion, Mar 10, 2002.

1. delusion

delusion Member

I ripped a DVD using my winXP machine and smartripper to the HDD. On my winME computer, the ripped files play perfectly fine and on my XP machine, the audio starts off at 2seconds behind and gets worse as the movie progresses. Even if I rewind the movie while it's playing back to almost the beginning, the audio is still far behind compared to just stopping and starting again. I ripped the same movie on both computers. Both rips play fine on the ME computer and both have this audio sync problem on the XP machine. Please Help! Thanks....

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The rip is almost certainly identical, your player just has issues with it in XP.

3. delusion

delusion Member

Thanks for the speedy reply. I agree with your assesment. What player for WinXP do you recommend? I am downloading PowerDVD as I type this because it seems widely used. Currently I have been using whatever VOB codec is installed with a typical ATI Radeon 7500 drivers and the latest media player.